[Users] Using mailmbox plugin to access Thunderbird mbox files ?

Luc Pardon claws-user at skopos.be
Sun Nov 15 20:03:26 CET 2020

> Don't know if it is because it's Friday 13th or because I moved from
> CM 3.17.7 to 3.17.8

Well, it was neither of these :-(

> Will investigate further and will report back if I succeed.
>
> It's good to know that it is supposed to work.

Apparently not.

I tried several things several times, including fresh restarts with an
empty .claws-mail directory. No go.

In my original message, I asked:

> Has anybody been able to access Thunderbird's local message files
> directly, using the mailmbox plugin or otherwise?

Nobody responded, so I assume the answer is "no".

Maybe nobody tried. Otherwise, a new FAQ entry might be in order,
something like this:

Q : I am switching to Claws Mail from another program that stores its
messages in MBOX format. Can I access these files with CM?

A : No, not directly. You must either import them or use one of the
tools to convert them.