[Users] X11-Inspired Crashes

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Nov 9 15:33:01 CET 2020

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 14:02:20 +0100, edwardp at gmx.com wrote:

> Fedora is testing an update to the X11 package containing the fix
> for the poll_for_event issue.
>
> For me, it's rather late. I removed Fedora from this hardware last week,
> installed a community Linux distro and have had ZERO Claws Mail crashes
> since. :)

Have you checked the libX11 package that comes with that unnamed "community
Linux distro"? If it doesn't include an experimental patch for the same
issue, you may still be affected in the same way, and the issue may return
spontaneously. It's just that the issue is not easily reproducible by
everyone during normal system usage and therefore it doesn't affect everyone.

Just like you had assumed a glib2 update fixed your other theme-related
crashes, but it doesn't.

Also, some distributions default to Wayland whereas others still default
to Xorg. That could be one factor, too.