[Users] GTK3: toolbar real-estate...

Nikita Zlobin nick87720z at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:35:09 CEST 2020

В Tue, 26 May 2020 18:12:31 +0200
Michael Rasmussen via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> пишет:

> On Sat, 23 May 2020 12:36:13 +0500
> Nikita Zlobin <nick87720z at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are gaps created due to CSS theme, or they are in properties?
> > You could try this check - add this rule to gtk.css in your
> > ~/.config/gtk-3.0 (given its not overriden by something else):
> >
> > * {
> > 	min-height: 0;
> > 	min-width: 0;
> > 	padding: 0;
> > 	margin: 0;
> > }
> >
> > Some widgets may disappear (combobox arrowes, check/radio-boxes).
> > Consider it such a stress test. For example, I used this (though
> > more extended) as start for my new theme. Its look in attachement
> > with mousepad example - though it has 4px side padding for
> > buttons... yeah, it's still in 'px', for now I only used 'pt' for
> > check/radiobox sizes to make them visible.
> >

> I would use the 'em' for size specification since 'em' is a relative
> size indication. 1.0 means normal size for the chosen font while em >
> 1.0 means larger font and em < 1.0 means smaller font. That way size
> is idempotent to the screen resolution.

By the way, any size properties except may be linewidth are good to be
e.g. in mm or pt. This way theme naturally becomes HiDPI-ready, way
better than with GTK_SCALE, which needs to be integer due to its
conception of logical pixels. I noticed, that widget size never become
fractional, its extents are aligned to pixels.

I used pt for check/radio boxes, to match them to font size.