[Users] GTK3: toolbar real-estate...

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Tue May 26 18:12:31 CEST 2020

On Sat, 23 May 2020 12:36:13 +0500
Nikita Zlobin <nick87720z at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are gaps created due to CSS theme, or they are in properties?
> You could try this check - add this rule to gtk.css in your
> ~/.config/gtk-3.0 (given its not overriden by something else):
>
> * {
> 	min-height: 0;
> 	min-width: 0;
> 	padding: 0;
> 	margin: 0;
> }
>
> Some widgets may disappear (combobox arrowes, check/radio-boxes).
> Consider it such a stress test. For example, I used this (though more
> extended) as start for my new theme. Its look in attachement with
> mousepad example - though it has 4px side padding for buttons... yeah,
> it's still in 'px', for now I only used 'pt' for check/radiobox sizes
> to make them visible.

I would use the 'em' for size specification since 'em' is a relative
size indication. 1.0 means normal size for the chosen font while em >
1.0 means larger font and em < 1.0 means smaller font. That way size is
idempotent to the screen resolution.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Let thy maid servant be faithful, strong, and homely.
		-- Benjamin Franklin