[Users] Text Wrap in Compose Window: Space Key

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Tue May 26 16:38:18 CEST 2020

Hey there,

Dustin Miller wrote:

>Claws Mail 3.17.4 on Lubuntu 18.04

[SNIP]

>The problem is that, when I press the space key, it ONLY causes the
>wrap without ALSO adding a space. So if I keep typing (eg. "and"),
>then it shows up as "asand" rather than the expected "as and", which
>then means needing to go back to insert the space and often also
>re-working the text a bit to get a 'clean' wrap.
>
>Questions:
>* 1. Can others confirm this behavior?

I haven't tried the version of Claws Mail that you're using yet, but
I can confirm it in a much older version (3.13.2).

>* 2. Am I right in assuming this is a bug?

Yep.

>* 3. If so, does anyone know offhand whether it's already been fixed
>or reported? (If I decide to file it as a bug, I will check on this
>myself.)

It's been reported before, but you might want to jump in on one or
more of these to add more current information to them:

https://www.thewildbeast.co.uk/claws-mail/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=wrap

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.