[Users] Working offline ...

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat May 16 15:45:51 CEST 2020

On Sat, 16 May 2020 14:32:52 +0200
xisd <xisd-mt at riseup.net> wrote:

> * I get a popup asking me if I want to "bypass offline mode for 10 seconds"
> each time I click on one of my INBOX folders... is there a way to tell
> claws that I never ever want to do that ?

No, there's not.  However, attached is a patch that enables that.

If you can test it, great.

The patch adds an extra hidden pref. So, after you've built with the patch,
you need to run claws-mail once and quit. Then open ~/.claws-mail/clawsrc and
find

no_override_work_offline=0

and change it to

no_override_work_offline=1

Then test it and report your findings.

> * Messages that I read while in offline mode dont get marked as read. Is it
> possible for claws to store the read status and send it later to the server
> ?

No, that's not possible. (No patch for this one.)

with regards

Paul