[Users] Working offline ...

xisd xisd-mt at riseup.net
Sat May 16 14:32:52 CEST 2020

Hello claws users !!

I'm new to the list so I hope I'm doing it right...

Most of the time, I have a very bad internet access.
So I prefer to start claws in offline mode to prevent it form triggering server requests and constantly hanging whenever I click somewhere ...
Anyway, my default command for starting claws is `torsocks -i claws-mail --offline`. (As far as I know torsocks is the proper way to use tor as a proxy to use my providers .onion adresses, but that's another subject)

When I am somewhere where I have a good connection, I manually switch to online mode to check and synchronise my IMAP accounts, and I read them and prepare replies later in offline mode (even if I am often technically connected but, as I said, it take ages to interact with the server and fail most of the time).

It mostly works like that for me but I still have 2 things I really really would like to fix :

* I get a popup asking me if I want to "bypass offline mode for 10 seconds" each time I click on one of my INBOX folders... is there a way to tell claws that I never ever want to do that ?

* Messages that I read while in offline mode dont get marked as read. Is it possible for claws to store the read status and send it later to the server ?

Regards,