[Users] When replying, how is the To address chosen?

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 13:08:34 CEST 2020

Hi,

in "Configuration > Preferences... > Writing" you could unckeck "Reply
button invokes mailing list reply". I suspect that most MUAs invoke
mailing list replies by "Reply All/Group". Depending on the
mailing-list settings invoking a mailing-list reply by the "Reply
button" could be an advantage. I explained the pros and cons of both
approaches several times, but most of the times it doesn't make a
difference at all. Claws does provide a "Reply to Sender" menu entry,
button and shortcut. I don't know if it could fail due to "Reply-To"
headers. Mailing lists tend to have different settings for "Reply-To"
headers. I can't comment on Google Groups.

Regards,
Ralf