[Users] Is a puzzlement

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon May 11 08:49:11 CEST 2020

On Sun, 10 May 2020 14:09:35 -0400
Henry Carmichael <henry.carmichael at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would really like to know why claws suddenly decided to fail the
> handshake, and if there is anything I can do to trim its talons so it
> will calmly retrieve messages from yahoo mail.

I tested connections to yahoo pop an smtp and connected ok. That is, no
problem to connect.

I believe your problem is related to Server Name Identification (SNI), which
is (apparently) a recent requirement for yahoo mail servers.

SNI support was added to Claws Mail in version 3.17.3, but you are using
version 3.16.0, released 2½ years and 6 releases ago.

with regards

Paul