[Users] Very slow startup

renyhp renyhp at disroot.org
Sat May 9 19:27:23 CEST 2020

Hello,

I have just installed claws-mail on my new PC. I copied my old .claws-mail
over to the new home folder, and now Claws does remember all the settings I
previosly had. However, it is very very slow in starting. I tried running it
with --debug, and I don't seem to find any error, but it does hang for a long
time here, between textview.c and hooks.c.

> messageview.c:406:Creating message view...
> headerview.c:71:Creating header view...
> noticeview.c:73:Creating notice view...
> mimeview.c:299:Creating MIME view...
> noticeview.c:73:Creating notice view...
> textview.c:291:Creating text view...
> hooks.c:70:registered new hook for 'msginfo_update' as id 2
> logwindow.c:87:Creating log window...
> hooks.c:70:registered new hook for 'log_append_text' as id 1
> logwindow.c:87:Creating log window...
> hooks.c:70:registered new hook for 'debug_append_text' as id 1
> mainwindow.c:2119:done.
> mainwindow.c:3672:Setting widgets...

This is the point where the most time is spent. According to a later line of
the log, main startup takes 25s176ms. Any idea of why this happens and how to
solve?

Thank you very much in advance!
  renyhp