[Users] Fresh Installation of Claws-Mail

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat May 2 15:46:22 CEST 2020

On Sat, 2 May 2020 12:40:19 -0000, Paul stated:
>On Sat, 2 May 2020 08:33:02 -0400
>Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
>
>> By default, it blocks all remote content.
>
>That is the default for Claws Mail. No html mail = no remote content.
>
>That would be a job for an HTML rendering plugin. e.g. the Fancy plugin
>allowed loading remote content while viewing a mail, and only for that
>mail.
>
>Anyway, I think whitelisting is more useful than blacklisting. The
>opposite of what you say outlook allows - block everything unless I
>explicitly allow it.
>
>with regards
>
>Paul

Paul, I think we are arguing semantics here. What Outlook does, and
what I believe you mean is to by default block all remote content
unless specifically instructed to allow it. Isn't that what
whitelisting is? In any case, that is the sort of default modus
operandi that I would like to see employed by whatever HTML engine
claws-mail utilities.

Just my 2ยข.

--
Jerry