[Users] Fresh Installation of Claws-Mail

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sat May 2 14:55:15 CEST 2020

On Sat, 2 May 2020 08:33:02 -0400, Jerry wrote:
>On Sat, 2 May 2020 12:16:51 -0000, Paul stated:
>>On Sat, 2 May 2020 07:44:04 -0400 Jerry wrote:
>>> told by friends to switch to 'Thunderbird' or some other modern  MUA
>>
>>They should define "modern", because I suspect a pretty loose
>>definition of "modern".
>
>I would assume that they define 'modern' in terms of "their" MUA.

You are not up to date. For the main body of people a modern MUA is
what is provided by wide spread, most used and daily used computer
devices, IOW Android and Apple smart phones, Android and Apple tablet
PCs and MacBooks. Thunderbird isn't one of those MUAs, but MUAs such as
Thunderbird or Evolution provide more advanced HTML support, than Claws
does. I just try to explain! Note, I never used Claws with any HTML
plugin, because I don't need it and I dislike Apple Mail and Co, let
alone that I'm only using land line telephones. However, I'm also an
iPad user, just WiFi, no cellphone support, so I know how odd those
modern MUAs are, but for the majority of users those MUAs are good
enough and unfortunately they tend to send HTML, even if it's unwanted.