[Users] email message storage location (OT)

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 09:52:26 CEST 2020

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 07:08:41 -0000, Paul wrote:
>> > A user however might read 'add mailbox' as 'add NEW mailbox' which
>> > would imply creating one from scratch. Because the existing mailbox
>> > would not need to be 'added' since it's already there, right ? In
>> > my computer !
>>
>> That's exactly how I read it,  yes.    As 'create an additional
>> mailbox' rather than 'add a mailbox to the list'
>
>You will always face problems if you add words that are simply not
>there.

Sorry a very last explanation!

It is not about a fool adding a word that isn't there!

Humans often understand "things" in a context, but the context often
isn't clear enough to be unambiguous.

For you the context includes an understanding about what is happening
under the hood. More or less the same is true for somebody using
Claws since years, but it's not necessarily self-explaining for
somebody new to Claws or who never cared much about what is under the
hood.

Now I will really stop my explanations ;).