[Users] A couple of questions about templates

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 09:17:54 CEST 2020

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 08:20:15 +0200
Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> What I want is this: I click on a mailto url somewhere. Claws opens a
> compose window using my default (or whatever) composing account. Then I
> select a template. Now I want this template to become the message
> (preferrably without asking -- there is nothing to be replaced yet)

This can be achieved using the Account Templates using the 'Compose' template.
For example, you can use the 'file' symbol:

|file{/home/user/templates/messsage}'

Other variations are possible using other available symbols.

> and to switch to a specific composing account.

Account switching is not handled in templates, but automatic account
selection is achieved either in the general prefs, or the folder Properties.

with regards

Paul