[Users] A couple of questions about templates

mi codejodler at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 31 09:03:06 CEST 2020

> Johan,
>
> > What I want is this: I click on a mailto url somewhere. Claws opens a
> > compose window using my default (or whatever) composing account. Then I
> > select a template. Now I want this template to become the message
> > (preferrably without asking -- there is nothing to be replaced yet) and to
> > switch to a specific composing account.

> Browsers allow to configure what mail program will be called. Alternatively it might be a desktop 'system setting'. Then, you can put the path to your own script here, which in turn is calling claws-mail --compose.

Thinking about it, this would shift the whole template selection to the script too. Maybe using something like zenity. (Does it still exist ?)

You would then select one of the templates located in the claws config dir 'templates' folders, and use the --compose-from-file option to put that as compose window (cutting off the Name: line).

As i said, selecting an account would be the tricky thing; since it is not a figure from the mail (as a textfile including headers) itself, but some active data within the running claws. I t does not seem to be possible to trigger claws by commandline to change account; and Pierres request was never answered as far as i remember.

Maybe there another hack is possible for this (like per script, exiting claws, change the default account directly in the config, then restart) but my feeling is that this rapidly starts exceeding the sanity limits.

But maybe someone else can come up with a better answer.