[Users] email message storage location (OT)

mi codejodler at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 31 04:08:00 CEST 2020

Just as a sidenote.

> 'File - Add mailbox' is not entirely intuitive since I didn't want to *add* any,
> just point at the ones already there.

It's a fine example how developers use to think differently than (non-devo) users.

For a developer, adding a mailbox means getting it into the 'stack' (or stock) of 'known mailboxes'.  It's rather unimpoartant if it was newly created or scanned from an existing one.

A user however might read 'add mailbox' as 'add NEW mailbox' which would imply creating one from scratch. Because the existing mailbox would not need to be 'added' since it's already there, right ? In my computer !

The small detail that the word 'new' does not really occur, and that 'my computer' is not the same sphere, as claws-mail, would be ignored.

This shows how human brains work ... taking customs for granted truth.

And i think writing a 100% safe-and-successful manual or explanation. would be really an outstanding and very hard to achieve artwork !