[Users] A couple of questions about templates

mi codejodler at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 31 03:45:59 CEST 2020

Johan,

I'm only answering since i'm a little bored, not because i really have clues ... :D

You know there is also templates configured in the 'properties' of some mail subfolder ? If you filter-sort stuff into a seperate folder, all replies will use the configured accounts.

There are two: You can put a From address into the template itself, and a different one configured as 'default account' in the 'General' section.

With the other pathway, Configuration -> Templates, you can have one From per template.

> Is is possible for a template to change the composing account?

You mean, dynamically = different from the one you configured in the template itself ? Like, e.g., selecting one from the message you reply to ?

I think the % replacements and commands only work on the text / body part not in the 'From' address field. But i'm not sure.

> Is is possible to configure a template to always replace the message
> without displaying the "insert or replace" dialog?

With folder porperties, you won't get any such safety question.

The third way for templates, via main preferecnes ->  Compose -> Templates, should be a general template for all replies, which then should be overriden by a) folder specific settings and b) your manual choice within a compose window. But i've never used it.
Probably this is not what you are looking for; but won't ask you either.

hth micha