[Users] Windows Port - Rule Action 'Execute' Bug?

Chainsaw chainsawuser at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 27 14:27:08 CET 2020

Hello,

For Windows Port 3.17.4.

For Rule Action 'Execute', the message elements passed have extra backslashes.
It looks like anything that is not a letter or number is escaped with '\'.
I could not find any information searching Bugzilla.

To test I created a Processing Rule on an individual folder with one message in
it, as shown below.
     Name:  Test
Condition:  all
    Action:  execute "set \"test=%F\" & set test & pause"

I then changed symbol %F to %d, then to %s and the output for each is below.
The problem happens with every symbol.

--Filename--
%F output:
C\:\\Users\\Chainsaw\\Desktop\\Claws\ Mail\\ClawsLocalMailbox\\inbox\\1
Actual filename:
C:\Users\Chainsaw\Desktop\Claws Mail\ClawsLocalMailbox\inbox\1

--Date--
%d output:
Fri\,\ 27\ Mar\ 2020\ 08\:25\:01\ \-0400
Actual date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 08:25:01 -0400

--Subject--
%s output:
This\ is\ the\ Subject\ Line\.
Actual subject:
This is the Subject Line.

However, the 'Shell command' symbols used in an Action output perfectly.

I am assuming this is a bug.

Thanks,
Chainsaw