[Users] email message storage location

Brian bvamundsen at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 22:13:17 CET 2020

Hi All,
I use IMAP and local MH folders.  There are two
places that my mails are stored for offline access:
$HOME/.clawsmail/Mailboxes for theMH mail
$HOME/.clawsmail/imapcache for the imap mail.

The only place that I find these locations identified is in
$HOME/.clawsmail/folderlist.xml.  It seems that I remember asking on
this list, in the past, how to "customize" my locations and I was told
to do that in folderlist.xml.

The mail store "default" location is documented in man claws-mail
supplied with every release of the software.  I too don't see any
reason to put anything on the FAQ, since the developers have provided
the requested information, and been more than attentive to questions on
this list also.

Thanks for the help Paul.