[Users] email message storage location

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 03:52:27 CET 2020

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 20:28:24 +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
>I don't know what system Ralf is using but I believe that POP3 mail is
>by default stored in $HOME/Mail.

Hi,

I seriously doubt that a lot of users run their programs with default
values, IOW not necessarily using just one mailbox, hence I mentioned in
Claws you have got a parent folder 'Some Name (MH)', usually located in
$HOME. A user selecting a path other than $HOME when adding a
mailbox, probably don't need to send a request where to find the path,
OTOH a user who added a mailbox just by name, not necessarily is aware
of the path.

However, the mailbox (MH) folders are in
  $HOME/'Some Name'
where 'Some Name' is taken from the 'Some Name (MH)' parent folder seen
in the Claws GUI.

IOW 'Mail (MH)'       is in $HOME/Mail.
    'Mail 1 (MH)'     is in $HOME/'Mail 1',
    'Mail 2 (MH)'     is in $HOME/'Mail 2' and
    'Claws Mail (MH)' is in $HOME/'Claws Mail'.

There is nothing unusual with my "system", the users directories are
located in /home/user_account_name, aka $HOME.

Regards,
Ralf