[Users] Composing a filter

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:05:04 CET 2020

Hey there,

Paul wrote:

>Creating filtering rules involves the following:
>
>1. Optionally add a Name for your filter
>2. Choose the account which it applies to
>3. Configure the Match criteria
>4. Configure  the Action(s) performed
>5. Click the 'Add' button
>6. Click the 'OK' button

That's missing a couple of presses of the 'Add' button. It should
probably look more like this:

1. Optionally add a name for your filter.
2. Choose the account to which it applies.
3. Configure each of one or more match criteria:
	a. Configure a match criterion.
	b. Click the 'Add' button.
4. Configure each of one or more actions to perform:
	a. Configure  an action.
	b. Click the 'Add' button.
5. Click the 'Add' button.
6. Click the 'OK' button.

Interestingly, my version of Claws Mail (3.13.2) is so far behind the
times that step 2 doesn't exist for me (which will change next
month), but I left it in since it was in your list. In the event that
my steps no longer apply in the new version(s), please ignore this
message.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.