[Users] Fully disabling an account without removing it

wwp subscript at free.fr
Sat Jun 20 17:32:18 CEST 2020

Hello,

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 16:34:38 +0200 symphorien_claws at xlumurb.eu wrote:

> I have two IMAP accounts A and B. The server of A is currently down, and
> will stay like this for another few weeks. I also have ticked the
> "automatically check for new messages every 10 minutes" option. The
> consequence is that every 10 minutes I get an error message in a popup
> telling me that connection to A failed.

That's expected.

> I would like to still check for new mail on B every 10 minutes but
> without the annoying popup. So I unchecked the "G" checkbox for A in
> the list of accounts in the "Configuration>Edit accounts" dialog. Then
> clicking on the "manual check for emails" button does stop retrieving
> email from A.

That's expected.

> However, regularly scheduled email checks still try to talk to A, and I
> get an error popup every 10 minutes.

Does any filtering or processing rule implied at B account (automated)
checking copy or move mails to any folder that belongs to the A account?

> Is there a way to have claws-mail completely stop talking to this email
> server without removing the account? I'll reuse it in the future.

You did the right thing. Unless you are not reporting correctly what
you see or didn't do what you are reporting, I suspect an IMAP action
that is done during the automatic retrieval and that implies this A
account indirectly.

Regards,

--
wwp