[Users] Fully disabling an account without removing it

symphorien_claws at xlumurb.eu symphorien_claws at xlumurb.eu
Sat Jun 20 16:34:38 CEST 2020

Hello,

I have two IMAP accounts A and B. The server of A is currently down, and
will stay like this for another few weeks. I also have ticked the
"automatically check for new messages every 10 minutes" option. The
consequence is that every 10 minutes I get an error message in a popup
telling me that connection to A failed.

I would like to still check for new mail on B every 10 minutes but
without the annoying popup. So I unchecked the "G" checkbox for A in
the list of accounts in the "Configuration>Edit accounts" dialog. Then
clicking on the "manual check for emails" button does stop retrieving
email from A. However, regularly scheduled email checks still try to
talk to A, and I get an error popup every 10 minutes.

Is there a way to have claws-mail completely stop talking to this email
server without removing the account? I'll reuse it in the future.

Thanks