[Users] Glitch with TLS handshake with AOL (Yahoo) IMAP

Michael Higgins mykhyggz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 22:54:34 CEST 2020

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 07:37:57 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 15:59:27 -0700
> Michael Higgins <mykhyggz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Fixes seem to have included version 3.6.13-4 of GnuTLS.
> >
> > If anyone knows if this is fixed in git, say,
>
> Since the bug/fix are in gnutls, there's nothing to fix in claws-mail
> git.

Fair enough. IDK if you could (or would want to) require a newer
version of gnutls with the fix for these Yahoo (Verizon and AOL) IMAP
servers.

> > or if I can rebuild
> > 3.17.5 against this newver version of gnutls, please let me know.
> > ;-)
>
> You can rebuild c-m against this newer version of gnutls.

Thanks, Paul. Rusty as I am, finally got it working again.

gnutls-cli 3.6.14

/usr/local/bin/gnutls-cli

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib

This last bit, because Ubuntu doesn't include local libs by default,
IIUC. Not sure if it's exactly proper, but:

grep LD_L .bashrc
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib"

If this helps anyone else, yay! If anyone thinks I've made a mistake,
please let me know. On Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Cheers,

--
  |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /
     mykhyggz[at]gmail[dot]com