[Users] Building CM 3.17

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 02:54:47 CEST 2020

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 14:49:20 -0400
Lee Underwood <mail at leeunderwood.org> wrote:

> Thanks. I'll just use Dillo if I need to. It's only for incoming
> mail. ...

DM: Hi, Lee. There's a chance a secure verion of the Fancy plugin will
get resurrected in the future, but for now the Dillo and LiteHtml
plugins are what's available for HTML viewing, neither of which comes
close to Fancy for more complex HTML messages.

DM: One workaround when it's needed is to just open the HTML message
part in your external browser of choice:

* 1. Make sure the HTML message part is selected.
* 2. Use the mouse (R-click menu, or regular menu) to 'Open' it; OR use
  the keyboard (default hot-key is 'L', or regular menu) to 'Open' it.
* 3. If the above doesn't work for some reason, you can likely get it
  working by going into 'External Programs' in 'Preferences' to adjust
  the settings for which browser Claws Mail will use by default.

DM: I find this workaround to be very useful, and use it with most of
my HTML messages. Hope that helps, ---Dustin