[Users] spell checker -- how to enable?

Gil Weber gilweber at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 01:36:04 CEST 2020

Brad, I really must be having a brain freeze.

I can launch Claws-Mail by clicking on the icon in my Mint 19.0 launch
menu, or on an icon I placed on the taskbar. But I cannot launch
it from the command line. I am told the following:

Command 'claws-mail' not found, but can be installed with:
sudo apt install claws-mail

So I cannot append --debug to the end of anything.  :o(

When I check the Mint 19.0 package manager it also tells me that
Claws-Mail is **not** installed. I do not understand how it's not
installed yet clearly it is.

I also do see that Enchant is **not** marked where you told me to look.
However the package manager tells me it (supposedly) is installed. But
it won't launch from there. And Enchant does not appear in the Mint
launch menu.

So maybe I need to understand why I can launch Claws-Mail from the Mint
launch menu but not launch it from a command line. And maybe that will
lead to a reason why I cannot launch Enchant. And maybe that will then
lead to finding a spell checker.

Gads, this should be so simple yet I am really thrown for a loop by the
strangeness that Claws-Mail does launch yet the package manager tells
me it's not installed.

Thanks for your patience on this one.  "For I am a bear of very little brain..." Winnie the Pooh
Gil