[Users] Claws Mail 3.17..6 on openSUSE Leap 15.2

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Sat Jul 18 21:18:01 CEST 2020

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 18:42:12 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 19:36:34 +0100
> Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > If it was, the distro version would
> > likely already have dealt with it.
>
> Actually GTK+ 2.24.32 is the latest gtk2 release. But it has not been
> updated to un-deprecate glib calls.

Leap 15.0 (which I'm still on) and 15.1 have 2.24.32. Leap 15.2 (which
the OP is on and I should be soon) have 2.24.32+67, whatever that is.

But certainly the difference in the library patch number (or whatever it
is) and the difference in the overall compilation environment will
account for the different error messages.

The whole issue is due to dates 'expiring' in 2038, so we still have a
little while to deal with the problem, but my main question was why was
the OP not simply using the distro version of claws?