[Users] Attach one message to another

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Jul 17 11:26:10 CEST 2020

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 06:49:46 +0200
Andreas Fink <finkandreas at web.de> wrote:

> Wow, cool feature I was not aware of. However it does not work as
> you described it. Whenever I drop the message/rfc822 part on the
> compose window, and confirm that it should be attached it will be
> attached as plain/text. Trying to drop the plain/text message part it
> will be attached as application/octet-stream. Any idea what is going on
> here?

This is exactly why I added the final paragraph in my message:

You MUST ensure that this attachment has the 'MIME type' of message/rfc822,
so check it does (From the Attachments tab), and edit if it doesn't.

You need to edit the MIME Type.

For it to be recognised correctly immediately, you need to configure your
system to do that. See the FAQ for further information:
https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Installation_and_Configuration#How_can_I_change_the_suggested_mimetype_for_attachments_I_am_sending.3F

with regards

Paul