[Users] Attach one message to another

Ralph suselist at cableone.net
Thu Jul 16 22:15:18 CEST 2020

> > Most basic of questions probably but I have never known how to do
> > this within claws...
> >
> > I am replying to one email.  I want to attach a different email
> > thread from a different sender to the email I am replying to.  How
> > do I do this within claws?
>
> If you didn't mean 'thread', but meant 'attach'....
>
> With the new Compose window open, locate the message you want to
> attach in the Message List, and select it. Then drag'n'drop the top
> MIME icon (from the column to the right of the message view), the one
> which is of Type message/rfc822 (seen in the tooltip). Drop it into
> the Compose window. When you see the dialogue asking if you want to
> insert or attach it, click the Attach button.
>
> You MUST ensure that this attachment has the 'MIME type' of
> message/rfc822, so check it does (From the Attachments tab), and edit
> if it doesn't.

Perfect.  Thank you Paul.  A decade plus of using claws and I never
knew how to do this :/

Semantics... By 'thread' my ancient brain actually meant 'conversation'
I suppose, i.e. a series of messages from two people questioning /
answering each other by replying to each other (and without editing the
message(s) they are replying to). IOW, a message 'thread' contained
within a single actual final email, rather than multiple separate
messages such as might be the results of a mailing list 'thread'.
Probably should have just said 'email' rather than 'email thread'.
Excuse the terminology confusion.

Thanks again!