[Users] Problem with mail file

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw.ml at ithnet.com
Wed Jul 15 12:22:34 CEST 2020

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 10:15:57 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 12:09:08 +0200
> Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw.ml at ithnet.com> wrote:
>
> > I think I did not explain the problem to be clear: I cannot _forward_ this
> > message from within Claws, as Claws hangs completely when I enter the
> > folder with the mail. So the only way to give you this mail is as binary
> > attachment _file_. Classical mail forwarding does not work here.
> > You have to take this file and simply move it in a claws mail tree which is
> > maildir organised. The file you got is exactly the mail file producing the
> > problem. I can move it in any maildir folder and after that the folder is
> > inaccessible.
>
> Your problem must be, I think, when you are attempting to view the html part.
> That is, an html rendering plugin, (you have not stated which one you use).
> This is only opened automatically if you have opted to do that, it's not the
> default. See the Message View/Text Options page in the general prefs, "Select
> the HTML part of multipart/alternative messages".
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Hello,

I have only selected "View HTML Message as Text", and nothing with HTML. In
fact I don't use HTML if possible. I have not selected anything special for
rendering HTML.
I wonder why claws already hangs when entering the folder. I do not even have
to view the message - I do not reach this step at all.
Is the problem already arising in the header/subject parsing?

--
Regards,
Stephan