[Users] Number of cached connections to IMAP server

edwardp at gmx.com edwardp at gmx.com
Mon Jul 13 17:32:16 CEST 2020

I had a problem a few months back, where one of my other e-mail
accounts became locked, because there had been an excessive number of
connections to the IMAP server.

I subsequently found out an Android e-mail app I was using at the time,
caused it. I was told by the developer, the app (which I no
longer use) establishes a connection to EACH FOLDER on the IMAP server
and apparently, all of these connections exceeded the total number
allowed.

Both Thunderbird and SeaMonkey, in the Advanced section for an account,
allows the user to change the number of cached connections to the
server. The default is five. I changed it for the e-mail account in
question to one and so far, have not had any further issues since the
account was unlocked, but I have not added the same account to Claws
Mail.

As changing the number of cached connections to one appears to have
resolved this issue with the server using other email apps, does Claws
Mail have the same or a similar setting somewhere?

Thank you.