[Users] first claws launch failed in strange way

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Mon Jul 13 15:48:31 CEST 2020

Hi, just a curiousity question ... is there any way how claws (configured and working since years) can suddenly startup differently (although launched as usual) with only one account configured instead of the many that should be there, only partly configured with empty password ?

It was one of my email adresses but named 'Account 31' which is in a way i never do it. Any other adresses missing.

And the MH mailbox in usage used wasn't mine, but an empty one named 'Mail' which is probably default but i don't think it existed before, because i never launched a 'raw' unconfigured claws on this machine.

But then, after quitting and starting in exactly the same name, all usual config and mailbox is back.

My alternate-config-dir gets inserted (and mounted) by script and there might have been a weird failre, so claws would start without the config.

What confuses me though is that one real account was already there, and no config wizard starting up.

Claws starts with a custom desktop launcher button, with alternate config dir path, on a laptop which was laying around in an unsafe  location for some weeks, and could have been tampered with.

I could not reproduce this so far, although i did several tests.

So the question is, under which conditions could one valid email adress appear in a 'raw config' and named like this, Account 31 ?