[Users] Filters not applied on existing messages in folders when mail checked

Victoria Stuart (VictoriasJourney.com) mail at VictoriasJourney.com
Sun Jan 19 18:38:36 CET 2020

... sorry: I meant to say that I need to press Tools >> "Filter all messages in folder" to clear the folder.

I have filters but they are not applied when mail is moved to my main Claws Mail Inbox from other account Inboxes (Gmail plus other domains that I own);

In those instances, those messages remain in my main Inbox when new mail is checked, and processing rules are executed.

For those messages, I need to manually right-click the folder and select "Run processing rules" [update: see postscript]

Also, mail in some accounts (e.g. Gmail) remains in those account folders, ignored by other rules.  Here, I need to click the folder(s) -- e.g. for Gmail: All Mail | Trash | All Mail (again) -- to clear those folders (which then get processed / filtered to my main Claws Mail account Inbox).  This results in those messages sitting there, until I manually run the filters (as described above).

Otherwise, filtering works normally: e.g. spam mail received to my main account gets processed.

How do I correct this?