[Users] Strange folder behavior

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 11:00:50 CET 2020

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 08:35:54 +0100
Frédéric <fma at gbiloba.org> wrote:

> After my many attempts (un)subscribing to folders, to avoid them to be
> parsed (which does not work, unless they are hidden),

That is the wrong way to solve that problem. What you need to do is go to the
folder Properties and uncheck 'Scan for new mail'.

> I now have a strange
> behavior with 2 folders.
>
> When I check the 'Show only subscribed folders' box, they turn light blue,
> and they seem to be only containers for other folders, but I can't access
> anymore to messages in that folder! If I uncheck the box, they act
> normally.

That is not how subscribed folders normally behave. On an IMAP server you can
have folders which can only contain sub-folders and not messages, but this is
unrelated to subscribed folders. Seems like a server problem.

with regards

Paul