[Users] Claws sometimes consume 100% CPU

Jakub T. Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Sat Dec 12 16:17:38 CET 2020

> > I've never had this problem.
> >
> > It might be more helpful if you give further information on the steps you
> > perform leading up to this happening. Is it an html mail, do you use
> > plugins? etc.
>
> It happen yet again it's more often than it use to. I'm attaching stack
> trace from gdb (found information how to do that in FAQ).

I have new finding, it freezes, consume 100% CPU, but I was able to click new
message and when new modal was opened it unfreezed and showed error:

"Error occurred while processing mail.\n"

According to translation file. Maybe there is some missformatted email that
is causing the error when processing messages. Maybe infinite loop. One issue
this time is that I was able to click other directory and it was showing that
it was processing messages, maybe the error happen because I click on
directory and then on new message.

Is there a way to find that email? by enabling some debugging tricks?

Should I create a bug report and comment there?

--
Jakub T. Jankiewicz, Web Developer
https://jcubic.pl/me