[Users] The "Move" folder list.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Aug 19 01:06:01 CEST 2020

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 19:51:43 -0000

Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 07:27:34 +1200
> Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
> > Since I have a *lot* of folders, in a complex tree
> > structure, it takes me forever to scroll down to find the folder to
> > which I wish move the message.
>
> If you know the name of the folder that you want to move the message
> to, just start typing its name. If the first match is not the right
> one, use the down cursor key until you get to the right one.

Thanks.  This works.  Took me a while, but. I saw a wee white
rectangle at the bottom of the "Move" folder list, and tried to type
there.  But nothing happened.  No characters appeared in this rectangle
when I typed.  The *cursor* seemed to move to that rectangle when I
clicked on it, but that was all.

Then I (finally!) tried typing without trying to move the cursor to the
wee rectangle, and bingo!  A new input rectangle popped up and all was
well.

Thanks again.

cheers,

Rolf