[Users] Unmarking "marked" messages.

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 09:05:43 CEST 2020

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 22:01:09 -0400
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I know, you have to manually open every existing
> 	  folder and make those choices when you initially set this
> 	  up (at least I hope that's true, because that's how I did
> 	  it and it took forever and I'm gonna kick the heck out of
> 	  myself if there was a simpler way and I didn't realize it).
> 	  Once that's finished, however, you can go into the
> 	  top-level folder and make sure there's a check in the box
> 	  in the "Apply to subfolders" column so that any new folders
> 	  you create underneath that one will automatically have the
> 	  settings you prefer.

If I understand you correctly, this is wrong.

What you say about using "Apply to subfolders" in the top-level folders is
incorrect. This applies to existing sub-folders, not any new ones. So you
could have done that to set up the Processing rule choices for all folders in
the first place, rather than entering every folder initially.

When creating new folders there is a checkbox to "Inherit properties and
processing rules from parent folder".

If your plan is to remove all Marks from all messages, then either a
Pre-Processing or a Post-Processing rule would probably be better than a
replicated Processing rule in each and every folder.
/Configuration/Pre-processing... and /Configuration/Post-processing...
https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Filtering_and_Processing_of_Messages#What_is_the_difference_between_Filtering.2C_Folder_Processing.2C_Pre.2FPost-processing.3F

with regards

Paul