[Users] Fwd: Running Claws on an external hard drive.

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 19:53:04 CEST 2020

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 8:10 AM wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> > On the external drive this is the folder system used:
> > Drive E:
> > [Claws Mail]
> >
> > [Claws Mail Config]
> >

> > STRING-TO-RUN-CLAWS-IN-RUN-VIPSAVE.txt     1KB
> > which is:
> > e:\CLAWS Mail\claws-mail.exe --alternate-config-dir e:\Claws Mail Config
>
> Well, there's nothing really tricky if you want to install the program
> on E:. Just pick the right drive or path during the install process.
>
> The data directory will by default be relative to you user data dir
> (which is commonly on C:), unless you use, as you already do,
> --alternate-config-dir.
>
> Thanks for your explanation. It works flawlessly with everything on e:\
and using the special command to run Claws.
I was a little curious how e:\Claws Mail Config got created, whether Claws
did it during install or if I created it manually.

> Regards,
>
> --
> wwp
> https://useplaintext.email/

This is a great site. I will be using it and your list of email hosts. I
would like to add another to the Gmail one I have.
The only issue is whether I can access it with Claws.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Avant Geared
walnut and oak serving and kitchen cutting boards
<https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared/avant-geared-products/woodworking>
https://www.instagram.com/avantgeared/?hl=en