[Users] [claws-mail newbie] Some problems; a key one now: not friendly for dark themes?

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Mon Sep 23 22:32:16 CET 2019

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 19:13:08 -0300
Dedeco Balaco <dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So, for the messages i decide to see remote content, do i have to
> install a plugin? With such plugin, i still want to have the choice
> for each message, and not a global setting that only turn on or off
> the remote contents for all the messages.
>
> There is a question here too.

I am guessing that English is not your first language. Your messages
come across as quite demanding, which may not be what you intend. It's
certainly not a good way to ask for support from other users and
volunteer developers.

Repeating your post isn't helpful either. I've trimmed it just to the
bit I can answer. The answer to your question is yes.

You do need a plugin. I don't use one myself but I believe there is one
called fancy and one called dillo and a third called litehtml; perhaps
there are more. I'm not sure whether they all still work or what is
involved in using them, but perhaps if you RTFM
https://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php

You will have to consult the documentation of the various plugins to
discover their facilities for images.

HTH, Dave