[Users] [claws-mail newbie] Some problems; a key one now: not friendly for dark themes?

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 22:13:08 CET 2019

I am sending almost the same message i did earlier, but with some more
comments added, since the reply i got was for only one part of my
message (one i removed below, by the way).

Em 23-09-2019 05:04, Paul escreveu:
> On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 17:13:01 -0300
> Dedeco Balaco <dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> 1) Will i have to *manually* reconfigure every account i access with TB
>> in CM?
>
> Yes. Probably it could be scripted, but there is not such a script, afaik.

Sadly. I have several accounts in TB, and i would like such script (or
anything to do it automatically).

>> 2.b) When configuring a new account in CM, it shows forms with bogus
>> data for full name, email, etc.. This is *very bad* because i usually
>> copy this data with X selections from other windows, and "paste" them in
>> the form with middle mouse button. But the form is already filled with
>> bogus data... if i select it, i lose the data to be pasted; deleting it
>> before selecting the other is annoying; deletinig it without never
>> selecting any character is hard. Let it empty! - i think.
>
> Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V instead, then?

That is different. ctrl+c area is frequently occupied with other things.
The fact is: CM makes it much harder to create accounts, since i
practically lose one of the temporary areas with no good reason. A
graphical hint, to be shown when the mouse pointer is over it, would be
better, in my opinion.

>> 3) When i create the second account, the first window is filled with
>> values copied from the account 1. Really, really bad. Will i have to
>> delete all values in all forms to create every new account in CM?
>
> You mean when you copy an account to create a new account rather than /create/
> a new account. The copy is a copy, of course. Try /Configuration/Create New
> Account instead.

No. I did not mean the button "copy [account]" present in: menu
"configurations" > "edit accounts" window. I meant the values in the
text boxes for: menu "configurations" > "create a new accont", which
come filled with the values (name, email address) the first account
used. Again, the problem of having to clean the fields before using them.

No comment about what i say here?

>> Is there a way to use CM with all colors configured for a dark
>> background, and to force this dark background where needed?
>
> Use a GTK theme.

How? I have a Debian with Mate, and all programs for my daily use
respect the dark theme i chose with Mate Desktop, the window manager i
use. Firefox is GTK too, right? Its colors are dark, like the theme. Why
CM are not?

No comment about this either? If you see the screenshots i sent, you
will see that my GTK theme is correct. But some of the colors CM uses
are not configurable (i think), and are pure white. I want to change them.

>> 5) Am i understanding it wrong, or is claws-mail default configuration
>> helps spammers' images to be loaded? Go to: mail window menu >
>> Configurations > Preferenecs > left pan "message view"?? > subitem
>> "images viewer" > checkbox "show images in message", which is checked by
>> default.
>
> Yes, completely wrong. Those options refer to attached images, not remote
> images. By default Claws Mail does not display fully rendered html, you need
> a plugin for that. The plugins have their own options for blocking remote
> content.

So, for the messages i decide to see remote content, do i have to
install a plugin? With such plugin, i still want to have the choice for
each message, and not a global setting that only turn on or off the
remote contents for all the messages.

There is a question here too.