[Users] Some Parts of Some Emails Not Included in Reply

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 15:29:49 CET 2019

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 20:52:16 +0600, Dustin Miller wrote:
>* One thing I wasn't expecting (but that makes sense now) and I think
>  is great is that you still get the same email as you do when you are
>  using plain text. This means you can still just read down through
>  the digest email w/o needing to switch to another part (i.e.
>  attachment).

IIRC claws does display them without a difference, while IIRC
Evolution displays each attached email in it's own widget, but even
this is no disadvantage.

>* I guess it's likely that a MIME digest email would have a slightly
>  larger size than a plain text one, but that seems like a pretty
>  negligible difference to me.

Yes, they contain the full headers of each email, while plain text
doesn't. I don't remember if the bodies of the attached emails are also
plain text, or if they could contain HTML formatted parts, too. The
overhead is even still negligible with very low bandwidth and/or very
low storage space.

>DM: So, it seems to be working fine and a good solution all around. I'm
>glad I made the switch. :) Cheers, ---Dustin

I'm glad that you tested it and that you like it.