[Users] Some Parts of Some Emails Not Included in Reply

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:52:16 CET 2019

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 10:44:41 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <kde.lists at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 10:28:02 +0600, Dustin Miller wrote:
> >I guess the ultimate irony would be if Claws didn't support a MIME
> >digest.
>
> Claws can handle MIME digest without issues.

DM: Indeed. I just got my first one. I was curious as to how Claws
would present it, since I just had a theoretical idea of what it would
be like. I must say that I can't think of a better way of handling it
off the top of my head, especially if you like to keep your hands on
the keyboard as much as possible. For those who aren't familiar with how
it works, I'll give a brief description based on my initial interaction
with it:

* One thing I wasn't expecting (but that makes sense now) and I think
  is great is that you still get the same email as you do when you are
  using plain text. This means you can still just read down through
  the digest email w/o needing to switch to another part (i.e.
  attachment). Then, if you're not planning to reply to anything, you
  can file/delete as usual w/o needing to do anything else.

* I guess it's likely that a MIME digest email would have a slightly
  larger size than a plain text one, but that seems like a pretty
  negligible difference to me.

* The difference with MIME (as others have already noted in this
  thread) is that you also have each individual email (as well as other
  sections of the digest email itself) included as separate
  attachments. So if you ever want to reply (or otherwise work with) a
  particular email, all you have to do is go down through the parts /
  attachments (default is the 'A' key, and going up is the 'Z' key)
  until you get to the one you want; then you can just treat it as a
  normal email (for at least some purposes).

DM: So, it seems to be working fine and a good solution all around. I'm
glad I made the switch. :) Cheers, ---Dustin