[Users] Some Parts of Some Emails Not Included in Reply

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 04:28:02 CET 2019

> Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 15:57:45 +0200
> From: Ralf Mardorf <kde.lists at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Users] Some Parts of Some Emails Not Included in Reply
>
> On Sun, 08 Sep 2019 13:23:54 +0100, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
> >Just changing the subject isn't enough.
>
> Correct!
>
> Subscribers who are in favour of digest, should chose MIME digest and
> only reply to an attached mail, not to the digest itself, to ensure
> that the individual headers of the mail are intact and not replaced
> by the headers of the digest.
>
> The OP should consider to migrate to MIME digest. I'm not aware of any
> disadvantage of the MIME digest.

DM: Thanks, Ralf. I appreciate your additional confirmation and
information in regards to this. I've made the switch; let's see what
happens. :)

> The sentence "Most modern mail programs do support MIME, so you only
> need to choose plain text digests, if you are having trouble reading
> the MIME ones." of http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node28.html is
> obsolet. _All_ "modern mail programs do support MIME", maybe not all
> MIME features, but everything needed for received MIME digests. Mail
> programs _not_ supporting MIME, are not "modern".

DM: I guess the ultimate irony would be if Claws didn't support a MIME
digest. ;) But I'm guessing there's about a 0.01% chance of that
happening. :) Cheers, ---Dustin