[Users] Some Parts of Some Emails Not Included in Reply

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 08:12:33 CET 2019

3.17.4 on Lubuntu 18.04

One thing I've noticed for awhile is that when I reply to some emails,
some parts of the original email I'm replying to are excluded from the
reply (i.e. my current default is that the original email should be
quoted).

Ironically, I only remember this being an issue with the 'Digest'
emails that I receive from this mailing list. I do notice that the
parts excluded from the reply are also a lighter shade (more grey than
black) than the parts that are included. So my guess is there is
something in the composition of the original email that is causing
Claws to think that certain parts should be excluded from being quoted
in a reply.

Is this a bug? A feature? :) I haven't looked into it yet, but I'm
guessing there's at least a small chance a workaround could be achieved
by adjusting any relevant settings; but even if that's the case, I
wonder if that is the best long-term solution.

I can provide more info or send a sample email if anyone is having
trouble reproducing it.

Thanks,
Dustin