[Users] Couple of snags now I have Fedora 31

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Oct 29 14:24:00 CET 2019

Hi devs

A couple of little problems with Claws building from git now that I
have Fedora 31.

First the check for libpython is not working, so I had to softlink
/usr/lib64/libpython3.7.so to /usr/lib64/libpython3.7m.so.1.0 because
detection on the existing /usr/lib64/libpython3.7m.so fails for the
python plugin.

More serious are the following errors:

Firstly one of the continue statements in

git/claws/tools/gitlog2changelog.py

is prefixed by a tab character instead of spaces to indent it, for some
reason this upsets the interpreter.

In addition I get this:

touch config.h.in
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./tools/gitlog2changelog.py", line 43, in <module>
    if re.match('^commit', line) >= 0:
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 're.Match' and 'int'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1332: ChangeLog] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/bdm/git/claws'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:900: distdir] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bdm/git/claws'
make: *** [Makefile:1000: dist] Error 2

Something in python has become more picky about syntax/semantics.
Naturally there are other similar statements that would fail if the
execution got that far.

Any thoughts?

--

Brian Morrison