[Users] possibly switching to claws

Josh L Josh at jlaz.com
Thu Oct 24 17:32:46 CET 2019

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 18:30:36 -0700, geek at uniserve.com you wrote:

>> I don't remember all of my thinking, as to why I haven't just
>> gone with Thunderbird and have done with it.
>
>well I went from Eudora to kmail to sylpheed to claws. I tried
>thunderbird but found it non-intuitive, it had a lot of stuff I'd
>never use and was slow. Eudora died, kmail got way too fat and slow
>and buggy ("semantic") and sylpheed is simpler (a bit) than claws. But
>claws has what I want, is simple, fast and the mailing list (Paul a
>lot of the time) gives very good patient support. If it's good enough
>for Richard Stallman it's good enough for me. YMMV
>
>Dave

Thanks, good to know.  Ironically I'm having trouble following
the conversation - I don't know if it's my email filters or
program or some issue with how the group sends to my email.. but
I saw this one as it was copied to me, and in any case, I can go
to the archives on the web and see all responses.

I think this issue of going from program to program is what I
want to avoid.  I've been using Forte Agent since the mid-90s,
and now I want to trial a few and go from there.

I guess for now I will narrow my list to:

Seamonkey
Groupwise
Claws
maybe also Thunderbird.

I finally was able to reach someone at Groupwise and they will
let me trial it.  They are probably a frontrunner in some ways,
but I still need to compare things, if I can get to that.

This page helps me a bit:

https://claws-mail.org/theteam.php?section=community

as it gives me some sense that there is continuity and a
somewhat robust team, so maybe the software will continue to be
supported for some years or decades.