[Users] "delete from server" filtering action..?

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue Oct 22 03:07:43 CET 2019

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 19:48:19 +0800 雨宫恋叶 wrote:

>On 2019-10-20 20:36, Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>> A "delete from server" action could eliminate most of these messages
>> from the server before the phone retrieves new messages.  I manually
>> retrieve messages on the phone, so "delete from server" would delete
>> all but the most recent messages, avoiding all the effort on the
>> phone.
>>
>> So... is there a way to access CM's internal "delete from server"?
>> Maybe via Python?
>
>Did you try the action called "Delete" ?

You removed this important point from my original post:
>> I only use POP3; and never cared for IMAP...

I'm talking about this setup:

POP3:
- Edit accounts->[account]->Receive
    [X] Remove messages on server when received
        Remove after [10] days [0] hours
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AND wanting to override this with a "[Immediate] Delete FROM SERVER",
bypassing the above setting.  I still want to wait the usual 10 days
before deleting most messages from the server; BUT I also want to delete
certain messages from the server at filtering time.

Reasoning: I'm seeing a huge increase of SPAM from TLDs(best,me,...) and
want to let my local machine delete those as soon as they are received.
When I retrieve messages from my phone, those spam messages will have
been removed from the server; saving me lots of manual select/delete
operations.

The existing filtering delete action does not remove messages from a POP3
server. I don't like/use IMAP; but I suspect that's what you assumed...

Cheers,
Pierre