[Users] Solved: import address book from previous version

RON SCHWIESOW nanron62 at msn.com
Wed Oct 16 15:09:01 CET 2019

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 02:03:48 +0000
"雨宫恋叶" <shadowrz at disroot.org> wrote:

> October 16, 2019 5:50 AM, "RON SCHWIESOW"  wrote:
>
> > One additional kink to work out was that I was editing the index
> > file with Libreoffice Writer.
>
> ????????
> Why aren't using a true plaintext editor ????????

Because the template for the index file uses an .xml file extension and
I do not know how to generate an .xml file with Vim. I did use Vim to
check what I had, eventually. To the credit of Libreoffice Writer, it
made the suggestion to save in .txt when I was working with the
previous ".xml" index file. That was the final clue, along with Paul's
help, to solve the problem.