[Users] possibly switching to claws

Josh L Josh at jlaz.com
Wed Oct 16 05:02:28 CET 2019

Hi - I've been using forte agent for a long time, but it seems
like they're moving away from supporting further development.
Can anyone here speak to the pros and cons of switching to
Claws?  It has a lot of the things I'm looking for, including:

Cross-platform
Usenet
Stability/It seems like it's been around for awhile.
Calendar

Is there a way to gauge if it will continue to be supported for
many years to come?  That part is kind of important, as
migrating to it from my present reader is going to take some
doing, and I'd rather not do it again.

Another thing I'd like to get a sense of is backup and nuances,
and anything to watch out for (such as scenarios that can result
in corrupt files or folders).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

jl