[Users] Customize path for impacache

Redfox1000 at gmx.de Redfox1000 at gmx.de
Fri Oct 11 14:33:01 CET 2019

Hei there,

on my Arch system Claws 3.17.4 stores mails from synchronized IMAP folders in ~/.claws-mail/imapcache/ ...

I don't like to have essential data like mails located in hidden folders and so I wonder whether this path can be customized. I searched intensively in the gui, the config files, clawsker, and online but didn't find anything. accountrc does have an entry "imap_directory" (empty by default) but changes there seem to make no difference.

Does anybody know how to handle this? How can I tell claws where to save mails from an IMAP account on my disk?

Matthias